My service to Quinnipiac University takes many forms. I have served on multiple search committees, the senate library committee, the women faculty advisory committee to the Dean, and on committees preparing for LCME accreditation visits. I am a Senior Faculty Fellow in the Center for Interprofessional Healthcare Education. The majority of my committee work is on the medical school admissions committee.
My service to the profession includes peer review of manuscripts and chairing the Physical Anthropology Women's Mentoring Network.
• I have served as a member of Netter's admissions committee since January 2014
• I interview 30-50 applicants each annual cycle
• I meet with each interview group, either answering questions and getting to know the students, or providing tours of the anatomy facilities
PA Women's Mentoring Network
• I have been a member of the steering committee since 2013 and currently serve as the chair of the committee (2016 and 2017)
• We sponsor a luncheon and happy hour each year, providing a safe networking space for more than 150 women
Reviews and Conferences
• I have provided reviews of manuscripts from PNAS, AJPA, JHE, and several edited volumes
• I served on the program committee for the 2013 and 2014 annual meetings of the AAPA, reviewing submitted abstracts
• I am serving on the awards committee for the 2016 regional AAA conference in New York City